Joomla core functionen
- All requests to a Joomla website start a session in which the IP address is stored in the session data and a session cookie is created in the user's browser. The IP address is used as a security measure to protect against possible session hijacking attacks. This information is deleted as soon as the session expires and the data is deleted. The name of the session cookie is based on a randomly generated hash and therefore does not have a constant identifier. The session cookie is deleted when the session has expired or the user has left the browser.
- Joomla's logging system records the IP address of the visitor and writes this entry in a log file. These log files are used to record various activities on a Joomla page, including information about important updates, invalid logon attempts, unhandled errors, and development information such as the use of legacy APIs. The format of these log files can be customized by any extension that uses a logger. The log files should be downloaded and reviewed regularly. The log files can be found at `/ www / htdocs / v135594 / logs`.
- If a network connection is available, a Joomla installation will attempt to communicate with the joomla.org servers. Reasons for the communication attempts can be:
- Finding Updates
- The display of help pages
- Requests from the "Install from Web Catalog" service (opt-in)
- Queries from the statistics collection server (opt-in)